Monday, October 19, 2009

MY WEDDING AS THE TRANSLATION OF MY PASSION

Yes, it can maybe sound cheezay, but I don't give a sh*/&, my wedding day HAD TO be one of the greatest day of my life.
I m lucky, I have a husband who has been hum...a SUPERHERO. I ve been everything but a girl that someone could ever dream to marry. Yes I ve been a total psycho!
I had like 8 months to plan everything and I m kinda professional bitchy-perfectionist.HAHAHAHA

To make a long story short...

We've ended up getting married in an industrial art space called Smack Mellon. Our friends/family traveled all the way from overseas. We had street performers, kid performers and a killer DJ.
And yes, thank God...I had a dream wed!



FASHION:
Made to order wedding dress, designed by the lovely Delphine Manivet, in Paris. I wanted a dress that could get shorter for the second part of the reception...It was tough, but the designer who is absolutely adorable, figured it out...
The shoes are "Carnival" by Christian Louboutin, which I found last minute, at the meatpacking boutique. There were runway shoes, so I had it for a great price.
The hairstyle has been made by Stacy Pitt. I wanted a retro glam style. She is so sweet and talented! I LOVE her tattoos, she's a rockstar, yeah.
Laura Nadeau was in charge with the make up. She's a comedian and she really knows how to take your stress away and make you laugh really hard. Loved her, she did a amazing job.
Maid of honour/bridesmaids/flowergirls: Since the color scheme for the decoration was green/pink/brown, I chose the girls outfit according to it.
















































































NEW YORK
Most of the guests were coming from overseas, so I wanted them to really feel the vibe of New York city. The venue was an industrial art space located in DUMBO with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge. I wanted the whole wedding to express what the city is: cosmopolite, edgy, eclectic...The urban jungle! Shout out to Economy Candy in the L.E.S where I found everything I needed for my Candy Bar!






























































































































MUSIC
And finally...Music! Oh yes music! That was certainly one of the most important point to me.
DJ Mustachio, who works for Academy Records in East Village was the first performer! He s been spinning some dope soul/funk/rnb songs from the 60's-70's while we were havving dinner, and that was sooo good!
The street performers were artists I met randomly throughout the city and underground. Jah stix, Jibran, Paul Brown. That mini concert was absolutely fantastic.
Then, there was my special crush...Those little girls are the cutest thing ever! I ve discovered them at LL Cool J concert at Nokia Theater, there were performing with a young female rapper, Nicolette. I was totally mesmerized by their performance, and having them dancing at my wedding was a real honour! Oh, and like me...they just loved the candy bar :-)
For the last part of the evening we had one of the best DJ I ve known. The young, cute and talented Jesse Marco! I first saw him djing at 1OAK and I danced my a$* off the whole night. I totally forgot the killer heels I was wearing and just enjoyed the way he told a story with music. I had to have this DJ for my wedding. I gave him a playlist with the songs I really wanted him to play, but I could have give him nothing, he would have turn everything upside down no matter what...




















































































1 comment:

  1. thanks a lot for your comment : )

    wow these photos are awesome. looks like fun, romantic and very modern!
    loooove it.

    miji

    ReplyDelete